In the midst of continuing lifestyle changes for work, recreational, and personal lives because of COVID, we would like to share the following tips for Re-evaluating Your Budget:
- Call your cable or live streaming company: ask of they are offering any discounts currently – you’d be surprised how many are!
- Check your recent online purchases: Buying a lot on Amazon? It happens. CHECK YOUR RECENT PURCHASES and see if the price has dropped on any item. You may be entitled to a refund for the price difference.
- Turn off your lights: Think about how much more electricity you are using if you are currently working from home every day. It may be tough with kids at home too also leaving the tv and lights on. Here’s a tip: reward the kids (such as giving them a sticker) for every time they remember to turn off a light when they leave a room and make it fun!
- Refinancing your mortgage: For some, refinancing could make a lot of sense right now. Because mortgage rates are so low, it could be a good time to take advantage of lower payments and pull out a little extra money to stash away as a “just in case” emergency fund.
- Call your car insurance company: call if they haven’t already contacted you. A lot of them are giving a percentage of premiums back for March – April.
Used with permission of Amanda Oppedisano, Owner & Mortgage Agent at Dominion Lending Centres Inc., Strathroy, Ontario.
At Goldhar & Associates Ltd. we have been helping people in Ontario become debt-free for over 30 years!
Call us today for your FREE, no-obligation consultation at 1.855.282.0343, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.